There are two ways to create a Hotmail account:
- Using the web browser of your computer or your mobile phone (we will always have a browser installed by default on both devices). This is the only way to create a Hotmail account with our computer.
- Installing the Outlook application on our mobile. This method is what we recommend if you are going to connect to your account very often with your mobile.
Hotmail Sign Up
Create a Hotmail account using your computer
- Go to signup.live.com
- Click on ‘Get a new email address’
- Choose your email address.
- Keep in mind that an email address must be unique, so if someone is already using the email address you are trying to register, you will not be able to create it.
- Choose the password with which you will access to your email account
- For security reasons, Hotmail requires passwords to be:
- Click on the ‘Next’ button
- Enter your First Name and Surname
- Fill in the fields with your date of birth and place of residence
- Enter the characters you see in the image on your screen
- Enter your phone number to verify your account, and click on ‘Send code’:
- Enter the code you received on your mobile phone in order to verify your identity and finish to create your Outlook account
- Now, you already have an Outlook account and you can start using it immediately
Register to Outlook using your mobile phone
Downloading the Outlook application
With your mobile, enter the PlayStore (if you use an Android) or the Apple Store (if you use an iPhone) and use the search engine to type ‘Outlook’
Click on the cloud button to start the download of the application.
As soon as the ‘Open’ button appears, it means that the application is already installed on your phone
Now the Outlook application icon will appear on the main screen of your phone. To open it, just click on it
Creating an account using the App
Normally, we can only add email accounts already created in the Outlook application; but we are going to show you a trick to be able to create the account directly from the application.
Obviously, you can also create the Hotmail account by following the steps indicated above and then connect to your Outlook email using the application.
We enter into the application and write the email address you would like to create
The email address we entered could already exist. If when entering the email address that we would like to have and press ‘Add account’ Microsoft asks us to enter the password, it means that account already exists and we must choose another email address.
By finally entering an address that does not yet exist, Microsoft will notify us that this account does not exist. Then we simply click on ‘get a new one’ or on ‘Create one!’
Now the account creation process will begin. This process is identical to the one explained above (computer method), but with the only difference that we will be creating our account directly from our mobile phone.
In addition to being able to use the email service, when you sign up in Outlook you will have the possibility to use Skype, OneDrive, Xbox Live, and many other Microsoft services without having to create a new account.
Problems when creating a Hotmail account
In the unlucky event that you have not been able to register in Outlook, please share what has been your problem in the comments section below and we will try to answer you as soon as possible.